Southern/Gulf Coast Region
Turnaround Logistics Coordinator
- Plans & prepares all the temporary facilities for the execution of turnarounds for items such as:
- Understanding of defined blast zones (blast curves, fire impingement)
- Prepare plot plans for placement of all contractor housing facilities, unit facilities, laydown areas, scaffold yards, tool cribs, demolition area, large crane placement & parking (inside & outside of the refinery)
- Unit access & flow of people.
- Responsible for providing budget estimate at the appropriate turnaround milestones.
- Works with Turnaround Construction Coordinator for the set up of all the temporary facilities.
- Liaise with all departments & contractors working on the turnaround for the development of items required such as:
- Trailer quantities for office staff, operations, supervision & foremen
- Furniture requirements
- Communication requirements such as computers, phones, radios, signage, etc.
- Quantities & locations / placement of skid tanks, waste buckets, etc.
- Temporary power requirements for contractor housing facilities & all unit temporary facilities for items such as dog houses, welding machines, lighting, etc.
- Takes in environmental considerations for placement of spill trailers, cleaning trailers, asbestos, waste yards, pre-fabrication yards, etc.
- Provides scopes of work for contractors to set up, maintain & dismantle temporary facilities for the turnaround.
- Works with PSC (procurement specialist coordinator) for the setup of PO’s for contracting companies working on the temporary facilities.
- On site contact for:
- Facilities service contractors
- Facilities specialty contractors
- Temporary wash pad
- Provides input on security & transportation issues such as busing or large equipment deliveries & staging areas.
- Responsible for troubling shooting & providing input on facility issues that arise during the pre, execution & post turnaround activities.
- Organize and schedule busing from the offsite parking lot into the Refinery for all Turnaround tradespeople
- Organize with Waste Water Treatment the disposal of all FRAC tank waste
- Organize and supply all rental equipment (welding machines, portable lights, scissor lifts, man lifts, fork trucks, rental trucks, etc.).
- Organize and supply all breathing air equipment, continuous gas monitors, rescue and oversee the 3rd party contractor that washes all breathing air masks daily onsite.
- Organize and supply all rental radios
- Organize all of the onsite temporary electrical power supply needs
- Organize and supply all offsite printing needs (specialized tags, etc.)
- Work with the local police services to set up any required traffic control on the outside of the Refinery
- Obtains fuel requirements for all jobs and coordinate fuel ordering and delivery from suppliers.
- Organize all demolition post-TA
During the execution of the turnaround some key items that the Logistics Coordinator is responsible for are:
- Maintaining the facilities.
- Ordering all applicable supplies for maintaining the facilities.
- Drinking water within the contractor housing facilities & unit facilities.
- Oversee specialty cleaning service contractors.
- Staging areas – keeping on top of this.
- Temporary wash pad facilities.
- Temporary lighting & unit lighting.
- Manage the self service centers located within the facility
- Tracks frequently moved equipment
- Manages temporary equipment fueling
- 5+ Years experience
- Local to Houston, TX area only
- Southern/Gulf Coast Region
Apply for this position