Turnaround Planner – Static Equipment
The Turnaround Planner position is primarily responsible for the planning deliverables for a single block or a multi-block TA at the site. This role participates in a multi-discipline, cross-functional Planning Team responsible for progress against work process milestones, identifying performance gaps, taking action to mitigate gaps and escalating issues when warranted.
- Field verifies work described in Turnaround Scope and develops detailed work scope activities, with craft type and estimated hours, and plans.
- Assesses job to understand the optimal plan to achieve turnaround premises including low cost and safety performance.
- Ensures environmental plan (waste disposal, lead abatement, frac tanks, vac trucks, etc) is developed.
- Creates bill of material for assigned work, requisitions material, and ensures all material is delivered in compliance with milestones.
- Assembles work packages with detailed information for planning and execution. Identification, review, and escalation of high-risk activities.
- Ensures compliance to plant orders, policies and procedures including, but not limited to Downstream One, MOC, quality, and addenda processes.
- Loads job logic to efficiently execute scope of work and resource levels.
- Completes estimate of Direct Field Labor hours, overheads, materials, and equipment for assigned jobs.
- Communicates key issues and risks to the TA Block Leader and Event Manager.
- May be required to function as a Field Coordinator during execution for at least part of the TA Block area.
- Ensures Quality requirements are included in the job planning & accounted for in the schedule.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- High School Diploma required.
- Journeyperson, tradesman certification field experience would be an asset.
- Must have a sound knowledge & understanding of various process equipment.
- SIGNIFICANT experience with direct hands on maintenance or direct supervision experience in a Petro-chemical facility is required.
- PROVEN experience with Turnaround planning/scheduling
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel.
- Skilled in using Primavera P6.
- Knowledge of maintenance business processes and best practices, roles of specific trades, and manufacturing processes in a Refinery or similar Petrochemical operation.
- Strong verbal/written communication.
- A passionate commitment to Safety and the Environment.