Develop a detailed activity based schedule of the project work. Package all work plans and develop a logical network of activities. Identify critical and near critical path networks. Develop a baseline schedule, update schedule as progress is reported, and produce look-a-head schedules as required, based on work progression and field change orders.
The Scheduler is responsible for the development, maintenance and communication of the schedule. In particular:
• Fully comply with client work schedule
• Understand client’s expectations and deliverables
• Interface with all on-site departments, as required
• Adhere to Onpoint’s home office reporting requirements as per policy
• Develop schedule for scope development, engineering design, fabrication, prep and plan, and field execution.
• Maintain master schedule of project work
• Enter job plan details. i.e., activity description, activity codes, duration, resource requirements, budgeted units, equipment and materials into scheduling program as required.
• Determine activity relationships and create logical ties
• Develop critical path and analyze for logic discrepancies
• Analyze CPM diagram for improved planning methods or work techniques
• Produce resource histograms, logic diagrams and bar charts
• Produce updated schedules at the activity level per frequency requested by owner
• Report project progress as per owner’s request
• Maintain scheduling software and ensure latest release is loaded
• Maintain knowledge of current scheduling techniques and systems
• Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates commitment to and support of SH&E principles and values; champions safety as necessary.
- 8+ years scheduling experience with at least 5 years being turnaround
- Proficient knowledge and experience with P6
- Experience within a refinery and/or petrochemical facility
- Local to Houston, TX area preferred